Sunday, May 15, 2011

A solo adventure

Thursday was a beautiful sunny day, so I went to the Space Needle!


I went up the north elevator, facing Queen Anne. It's a fancy shmancy neighborhood on one of the first settled hills in Seattle with great views of Lake Union and Elliot Bay.


Lake Union, where the sea planes take off.


Elliot Bay, which leads out to Puget Sound.


Downtown and the waterfront.


Right next to the Space Needle is the Experience Music Project. I didn't go in, but they have stuff like Kurt Cobain's handwritten lyrics. The building itself is pretty psychedelic. I took some crappy photos of it.


And a dramatic parting shot!

Now I must return to the kitchen. Yesterday Toby made salsa verde, today we canned a batch of veal stock (which is different from the first one. It's leaner and darker, the color of grade B maple syrup, and flavored with tarragon and savory) and right now we've got chicken simmering for enchiladas to enjoy with the sangria I made.

1 comment:

  1. The fair grounds are great place to visit. I used to take Toby and Zachary there regularly to go to the Science Center and ride the monorail into town. Glad you had a fun day.

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete